Praxair Logistics, LLC-Transportation
Class A or B CDL Company Driver ($5000 Sign-On)
Praxair Distribution, Inc., a Linde Company, has an immediate opening for a dependable Truck Driver (CDL A or B) to join our team located in Marlborough, MA.
Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, vision and more)
- Retirement benefits
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick, PTO)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Work/life balance (allows you to be home nights and weekends)
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid cylinders to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Customers may include patient’s homes, physicians, labs, vets, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
- Follows all Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
- Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service.
- Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians’ offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
- Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Safely loads and unloads cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
- Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
- Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order.
- Communicate with customers, providing information on ordering, delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
- Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out of the homes of, medical patients.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by environment or job task.
- Train or educate customers on safety, use and hazards associated with the use of medical gas equipment. As appropriate, assess customer understanding of same.
- Assess safe use, appropriate care and storage of medical gases in medical patient’s home environment.
- Report unsafe use or situations to supervisory staff.
- Document observations, education, and communication in the patient record.
- Maintain load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle documents. Ensures manifests are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Follow all safety rules and report any accidents or injuries promptly to management.
- Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Assist with inventory and general housekeeping.
- Maintain DOT hours log.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or 10 years' experience within current CDL class
- 3 years driving experience - CDL Class A or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
- 3 years clean commercial and personal driving record
- Clear understanding of map reading skills
- Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Home care/health care background is a plus
- Dangerous Goods Card is a plus
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.